Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ballet please...hold the pas de deux

Me and Katherine during the 2nd interval

The Royal Opera House

This past Monday night the group attended the ballet Ondine at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. Ondine is about a sea nympy that falls in love with a mortal and the tragic consequences of their relationship. It was such a treat to be in such a beautiful venue. I felt so cultured attending a ballet there. I have to admit, ballets aren't my favorite of the performing arts, but this one was pretty good. I did accidentally fall asleep though through a lot of the single and duet dances. But its not my fault because we don't get enough sleep at night and run around all day, so if I do actually sit down, I'm out. The rest of the ballet was very intriguing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment